Hatch Warren & Beggarwood Community Association is a charity, number 1161117. The charity exists to provide, run and manage the Hatch Warren Community Centre and to provide social and educational facilities to improve the conditions of life for the residents of Hatch Warren, Beggarwood and Kempshott Rise. Our area of benefit has now grown to include all houses in postcode RG22 and RG23.
The trustees are pleased to report that this year has been successful, resulting in a surplus being achieved, which has been and will continue to be used towards improving the facilities within the building. Watch this space for our next refurbishment programme in the centre kitchen!
The Warren Youth Club run by HWCA has been open for 9 years and is the only youth facility in Hatch Warren and Beggarwood. Our team of trained youth workers and devoted volunteers focus on encouraging inclusion for all, raising confidence, improving knowledge and awareness of what each individual can achieve, and general life skills to form them into well-rounded and actively responsible members of their community. It is now reliant on grant funding income and support from HWCA to ensure on-going sustainability. It continues to provide excellent youth activities for 10-17 year olds. Vicky has worked incredibly hard to bring in grant funding to support the youth project.
As a charity, we are reliant on volunteers to assist us in providing such an excellent facility and interesting events for our community. We rely on a core group of volunteers to serve in various capacities at our events by shopping, planning, setting up and cleaning away after events or help run the Association as trustees. We would welcome nominations from anyone who feels that they could spend some time out helping to manage their local community Centre or assist in helping at an event as many hands make light work for all!
Our Managing Trustees, the Management Committee, for the Centre for 2018/19 is as follows:
Chairperson : Kelly Dillon
Vice Chairperson: Jenny Bounds
Treasurer: Jeannette Welton
Answering to the officers:
Executive Officer : Clare Britten
Finally, the Trustees would like to thank again our staff at the Centre who work long hours to open and close the building, and co-ordinate various events and activities.
PRIORITIES FOR THE FORTHCOMING YEAR
- To take on the management of the Beggarwood Community Centre which will act as a satellite hub with a community cafe.
- To promote the Warren youth project and look to open on additional nights by finding new ways for encouraging funding and volunteering.
- To continue to run successful annual events to ensure a surplus is available for improvements and maintaining the services at the community centre.
- To continue marketing through social media and updated Web facilities
- To continue to assist Hampshire County Council by confirming our position of a designated Emergency Prepared Rest Centre